Calvary Christian Academy is a ministry of Calvary Port St. Lucie.
Our Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God. We believe the Bible is the final authority in every area it addresses for every individual Christian, as well as for the church collectively. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21, John 10:35)
- We believe there is one God who eternally exists as three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that all things were created by Him and for Him. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 45:21-22, Matthew 28:19, Colossians 1:16)
- We believe that God the Son became a human being in the person of Jesus Christ. That He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life (for He was without sin), died a substitutionary death for all mankind, was raised from the dead the third day, ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God until His enemies are made His footstool. (John 1:1, 14, Matthew 1:18-25, 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 3:18, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Hebrews 10:12-13)
- We believe the Holy Spirit was sent by the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. We believe the Holy Spirit regenerates, indwells, and seals believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that He empowers them to live as His witnesses. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-11, Titus 3:5-6, Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 1:13-14, Acts 1:8, Romans 12:6-8, 1 Corinthians 12-14, 1 Peter 4:10-11)
- We believe that God created human beings, male and female, in His own image. He created them sinless, equal in value, dignity, and worth. (Genesis 1:26-28, Ephesians 5:22-6:4, 1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- We believe that, as a result of the Fall, all people are sinners by nature and in need of a Savior, and that Jesus Christ is the one and only Savior of the world. That salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Him. We believe that all who call on the name of the Lord shall be saved eternally. (Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:18-19, Matthew 1:21, 1 John 4:14, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9)
- We believe there is one church, the body of Christ, consisting of men and women from every tribe, tongue, people, and nation. We believe that each local congregation is an expression of that universal church. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:4, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Revelation 5:9, Acts 2:42-47)
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead. Believers will be raised to life, and unbelievers to shame and everlasting contempt (hell). (Daniel 12:2, John 5:25-29, Revelation 21:1-22:5)
- We believe that all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in Scripture are available to, and active in His church today. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-11, Titus 3:5-6, Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 1:13-14, Acts 1:8, Romans 12:6-8, 1 Corinthians 12-14, 1 Peter 4:10-11)
- We believe that God created human beings, male and female, in His own image. He created them sinless, equal in value, dignity, and worth. According to His purpose and design, God created to fulfill distinct but complementary roles in the contexts of marriage, family, and the local church. (Genesis 1:26-28, Ephesians 5:22-6:4, 1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- We believe in the pre-millennial return of Christ to the earth, to sit upon the throne of David and rule over the house of Jacob (Israel), and the entire cosmos, forever. (Revelation 20:1-6, Luke 1:31-33, Isaiah 9:6-7)
- We believe the church will be delivered from the “hour of trial” which will come upon all who dwell on the earth, being “caught up” in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air (the Rapture). (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, 1 Corinthians 15:51-55, Revelation 3:10)